Y3 - Home Music Activity - fun with fruit rhythms
Here's a fun musical game teaching rhythms by clapping along to the names of fruit. Can you
1) watch the video to work out how many 'sounds' in each fruit. Which fruit are faster/slower?
2) join in clapping the rhythms - there are 12 in total
3) find something percussive to tap along with e.g. wooden spoons on a bucket, a pencil on a cup.
4) harder - can you find 2 different sounds to tap, one sound for pear and a different one for apple? (e.g. wooden spoon on bucket for pear, pencil on cup for apple.
5) Notice how using two different sounds makes the rhythm more interesting. What other sounds can you find to play along with the clip?
Happy music making!